Cristina DauraIllustrator / Cartoonist
Cristina Daura is an illustrator from Barcelona who also likes to draw comics. Since drawing comics is, in Cristina’s words, “complicated and badly paid” she tries to mix it with illustration. Narrative and bright colours are key.
What influence does music have in your life as a creative?:
Music is my main motivation in the good moments and the bad moments. I listen to music every time I want to take ideas and while I work. I also like to listen to specific music so I can connect with other moments of my life, memories.
I usually work with classical or instrumental music when I want to get an idea specially with the structure or composition of the illustration but with ideas it can be any kind of music, really.
Tell us about your playlist:
In this case this playlist is a selection of songs of another playlist that I usually listen everyday. I selected these tracks because all of them remind me of my friends, specifically friends that I love.
- laughing and not being normal – Grimes
- My Friend Dario – Vitalic
- Rococo – Arcade Fire
- One Life Stand – Hot Chip
- Going Out Of My Head – Sergio Mendes & Brasil ’66
- All My Friends – LCD Soundsystem
- Last Caress – Misfits
- La verdad – Joe Crepúsculo
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off You – Frankie Valli
- La Passion – Gigi D’Agostino
- Modern Love – 1999 Remastered Version – David Bowie
- That’s Life – Frank Sinatra
- Gitana Hechicera – Los Manolos