Hannah & David ConstantineCreative Humans
Hannah and David have been working together creatively for more than a decade. For half that decade, they ran the occasionally commissioned and much tumblred by RISD student, Studio Constantine, or somewhat confusingly ‘The Manual Electric’. In 2017, they made the decision to put SC on indefinite hiatus, in order to pursue other creative roles. Their continuing creative partnership is Pleasure Projects – focussing more exclusively on projects that challenge and delight. Oh, and they charge by the minute.
As creatives, what influence does music have on your lives?:
Our musical interests, like our broader creative tastes are fairly eclectic. We read classic literature and contemporary writing, we have prints of Monet along with 70’s poster design and art made by our friends and collaborators in the here and now. Is there a thread that joins this all? Maybe not. Or maybe just a love of creative output that authentically responds to its context. Voices of clarity and interest.
So in that sense, music along with other creative expression forms a vital backdrop to our work and our life.
Tell us about your playlist:
This is the sound of us working. Well worn favourites, legacies of misspent youth, things that interest us here and now. No grand theme, or overacting concept, just an accurate depiction of our tastes past and present.
- This Time Tomorrow – The Kinks
- Confessin’ The Blues – The Rolling Stones
- When The River Moves On – Willy Mason
- Go To the Mardi Gras – Live – Jon Cleary, The Absolute Monster Gentlemen
- Chameleon – Herbie Hancock
- If I ever feel better – Phoenix
- Sometimes – My Bloody Valentine
- So Good at Being in Trouble – Unknown Mortal Orchestra
- Jamaica – Van She
- Ice Cream – New Young Pony Club
- Apply Some Pressure – Maximo Park
- Still Young – The Cat Empire
- Cough Cough – Everything Everything
- Song For Clay (Disappear Here) – Bloc Party
- Astronomic Club – Air