Carolina Silvero & Juan Nicolás ElizadeDesigners, Illustrators, Creators
Carolina and Juan are a creative couple who started working together at the end of 2012. It started as a joint exhibition but then evolved into a fully fledged creative company. Carolina and Juan live and work in Buenos Aires where their studio, Guardabosques, designs and illustrates— mainly in papercraft. Though they also make commercial work, their personal work is based mostly on Nature. “We always try to enjoy the process of the design, and make it as playful as possible.”
What influence does music have in your lives as a creatives?:
We are listening music all the time, and something seems strange when it’s not playing. Even if we had different favourite musicians, we’ve found that both our tastes were super compatible, so that’s a good thing.
Music definitely affect and reflect our moods and its style changes over the weeks or what we are doing. When we are stressed with deadlines or doing a lot of things at the same time we usually choose songs that we have heard a lot and know we like, and when we are relaxed or doing our personal projects I think it’s when we explore more, or just let the whole song library flow with whatever it has to offer (sometimes finding new stuff that we like even in our library).
Sometimes when we are assembling things that doesn’t require much attention or are kind of boring to make, we choose a movie or a show as a background instead of music.
Tell us about your playlist:
It’s something like a “greatest hits” of our house/studio, and then some of the tracks that we are listening a lot lately. It’s quiet, kind of slow but happy. It’s named Gamuza Mix because that’s the name of our cat and he seems to like the music, or at least he hasn’t said anything yet about disliking it yet.
- The Million Dollar Baby – Richard Swift
- San Francisco – Foxygen
- Swim and Sleep (Like a Shark) – Unknown Mortal Orchestra
- If You Want Me To – Adam Green, Binki Shapiro
- Shampoo – Elvis Perkins In Dearland
- Master Of None – Beach House
- Más o Menos Bien – El Mato A Un Policia Motorizado
- Toothpaste Kisses – Single Version – The Maccabees
- Stuck on the puzzle – Alex Turner
- Los Desamparados – Los Espiritus
- Golden Mile – Daniel Rossen
- Chinese Translation – M. Ward
- When They Fight, They Fight – Generationals
- Because I’m Me – The Avalanches
- To Binge (feat. Little Dragon) – Gorillaz, Little Dragon
- Good Song – Blur
- These Days – Nico
- Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right – Bob Dylan
- Redondo Beach – Demo – Patti Smith
- The Zombie – C.W. Stoneking
- Good Habits (and Bad) – Saba Lou