Alessandro Libero RinaudoSelf-initiated creative & Design collector
Alessandro is a designer & creative from Sheffield. After working commercially for other people for over 12 years he upped sticks to travel the World and discover new creative influences. Recently returned, his latest project is a Kickstarter showcasing his private collection of 1972 Munich Olympics items.
What influence does music have in your life as a creative?:
I whistle. A lot. And I’m a foot tapper. I imagine I’ve annoyed many a workmate – but I can’t help it, its my way of releasing emotion. It definitely reflects the mood I’m in, I’ll usually emphasise the mood rather than try to change it.
If I need to focus when creating I listen to music, whether that’s in the initial ideas stage or a production period. I need my own space, physically and mentally, so listening to music especially when in a studio environment helps me to do that. I listen to instrumentals and softer downbeat stuff when i’m thinking, then when i’ve got a deadline for something mundane I blast something more up-tempo to block everything else out and focus on the job at hand.
Tell us about your playlist:
It was harder than I though to shortlist this. My playlist consists of some of my favourite tracks from influential artists that have helped get me through the day, whatever my mood, whatever the deadline. Some i’ve known my whole life (Bella Ciao) others I only discovered very recently (Fine di un killer).
- Happy Alone – Kings of Leon
- Typical – Laura Marling
- Leave – R.E.M.
- The Needle And The Damage Done – Neil Young
- The Devil Went Down to Georgia – The Charlie Daniels Band
- Runaway – The National
- Rose Tattoo – Dropkick Murphys
- Did You Hear the Rain? – George Ezra
- Street Spirit (Fade Out) – Radiohead
- The Man Who Sold The World – Nirvana
- The View From The Afternoon – Arctic Monkeys
- Cucurucu – Nick Mulvey
- I Was Young When I Left Home – Bob Dylan
- When The Tigers Broke Free – 2001 Remastered Version – Pink Floyd
- National Anthem – The Gaslight Anthem
- Bella Ciao (Partigiana) – Il Nuovo Canzoniere Italiano
- Fine di un killer – Francesco De Gregori
- When The Levee Breaks – Led Zeppelin
- Atlantic City – Bruce Springsteen
- Zombie – The Cranberries
- Sound And Vision – 2014 Remastered Version – David Bowie