Tony BrookCreative Director
Tony is founding partner of Spin, a design studio and founding partner of Unit Editions, a publishing company. He is also a member of the Alliance Graphique Internationale.
What influence does music have in your life as a creative?:
Music has always played a central role in my and my studios life. We play music all day everyday. Music was at the heart of why I got into graphic design in the first place. It is hard to overstate its importance.
Tell us about your playlist:
I have always had an eclectic taste in music, which this playlist reflects to a small degree (given its limitations of only being an hour long/20 tracks). I could have playlists on Folk, Soul, Rock, Classical, Disco, Indie, Punk, Rock n Roll, Jazz, Blues etc. etc.
- Complete Control – The Clash
- Mystery Train – Little Junior’s Blue Flames
- Inglan Is A Bitch – Linton Kwesi Johnson
- Funkin’ for Jamaica – Tom Browne
- Sweet Jane – The Velvet Underground
- Rock & Roll – The Velvet Underground
- To Hell With Poverty – Gang Of Four
- I’m Bored – Iggy Pop
- Fisherman – The Congos
- No Pity (In The Naked City) – Jackie Wilson
- Hang On To Your Ego – The Beach Boys
- Comfy In Nautica – Panda Bear
- Summertime In England – Van Morrison
- Gun – Gil Scott-Heron
- Friend Is a Four Letter Word – Cake
- 1977 – The Clash
- Sitting On a Barbed Wire Fence – Bob Dylan