Mike AldersonCo-founder / Executive Creative Director
Man vs Machine
Mike is a designer and director born in Liverpool in 1980. He co-founded award winning design and motion studio ManvsMachine in London in 2007. Nowadays Mike lives in California with his wife and daughter, heading up ManvsMachine’s Los Angeles office.
What role does music play in your day-to-day life as a creative?:
Almost everything we create at ManvsMachine has an audio component, so we have the pleasure of collaborating with amazing musicians and sound designers to craft the perfect accompaniment for our visuals. Music is an everyday part of our studio culture too… silence is awkward.
Tell us about your playlist:
It’s pretty much a musical salad. I just chucked a bunch of my favorite stuff together then jiggled it around a bit.
- State Of The Art (A.E.I.O.U.) – Jim James
- West Side – Studio
- Heart Don’t Stand a Chance – Anderson .Paak
- Passin’ Me By – The Pharcyde
- Ready or Not – Fugees
- What Chew Want – Quakers
- Nobody Speak (feat. Run the Jewels) – DJ Shadow, Run The Jewels
- Nigeria What? – Debruit
- Don’t Play No Game That I Can’t Win (featuring Santigold) – Santigold, Beastie Boys
- Temporary Secretary – Remastered 2011 – Paul McCartney
- Love Will Tear Us Apart – 2010 Remastered Version – Joy Division
- For What It’s Worth – Buffalo Springfield
- Here Comes The Sun – Remastered – The Beatles
- GMF – John Grant
- Here I Am – Adam Green, Binki Shapiro