Maxim ZhestkovVisual Artist / Animation Director
Maxim is an animation director and visual artist from Ulyanovsk, Russia.
What role does music play in your day-to-day life as a creative?:
Music has been the main inspirational force for my creative energy since my childhood. Sound and music for me is some kind of key for spiritual substance; my brain always tries to connect sound with images and paint bright pictures in my mind.
Also, music can work as a filter for all my unnecessary information / thoughts. When I’m listening to my favourite tracks, I feel comfort and can totally concentrate on work.
I prefer electronic music and some IDM, but my preferences are quite wide… sometimes I listen to Pink Floyd or some classics.
I’m too picky to listen to some streaming radio or something. I prefer to use my library with my favourite tunes.
Tell us about your playlist:
It was quite hard to choose a bunch of tracks from my library. But I decided to use an old trick with the idea of 20 tracks which I want to listen to before I die. And here they are!
I love to create something like a sound barrier between me and the universe. These tracks have been my guardians for over a decade.
- Music Is Math – Boards of Canada
- Vordhosbn – Aphex Twin
- New Family – Plaid
- Unravel – Björk
- Roads – Portishead
- J. S. Bach: Organ Choral Prelude in F Minor BWV 639 – Johann Sebastian Bach, Alexander Vynograd
- Brainfeeder – Flying Lotus
- Xerrox Meta Phaser – alva noto
- Dogs – 2011 Remastered Version – Pink Floyd
- Dayvan Cowboy – Boards of Canada
- An Eagle In Your Mind – Boards of Canada
- Flim – Aphex Twin
- All I Know Is Tonight – Jaga Jazzist
- Archangel – Burial
- Corc – Autechre
- Nlogax – Boards of Canada
- Do You Know Squarepusher – Squarepusher
- Herr Bar – Clark
- d-sho qub – Autechre
- Lasagna – The Knife