Kirill ZakharovProduct Designer
Kirill Zakharov is a Montreal-based designer specializing in digital product design and development. He’s currently building Unsplash — beautiful, free photos from the most generous community of photographers.
What role does music play in your day-to-day life as a creative?
I don’t remember the last time that I spent a day without music. It plays a quintessential role in my everyday life: from getting into my groove in the morning to zoning out at night and getting my creative juices flowing.
While I can concentrate and work in pure silence (something that our society strangly enforces while growing up), some of my most productive and creative sessions happened while listening to music.
I have a long list of favourite songs/tracks from different periods of my life, though I’ve always steered towards electronic music: from techno to deep house and everything in between. There’s something special about a long set that can take you on a journey and keep you enchanted for hours.
Tell us about your playlist:
I’ve put together a playlist of some of my favourite deep, groovy, progressive tracks that will hopefully take you on a journey. Just like the set itself, each track starts slow and progressively builds up its complexity. Hope you enjoy.
- Endless Games – Patrice Bäumel Mix – Blond:ish
- Carousel (Phil Kieran Mix) – Le Carousel, Phil Kieran
- Mahia – Nicolas Petracca
- Mustafa – Luna Semara
- Un-Theme – Extended Mix – Gai Barone
- Equivalence – Mees Salomé
- Lila – Stephan Bodzin
- Sungam – Stephan Bodzin
- No Infinity – Jose Maria Ramon, William Medagli, Thallulah
- Moorthon II – Frank Wiedemann
- Sakato (Turkey) – Lunar Plane
- Warg – Recondite
- Neosensual – Solee, Alyne
- Spark – Ray Kajioka
- Voix Grave – Johannes Brecht Version – Johannes Brecht, Christian Prommer
- Trying Not To – Gabriel Ananda Remix – Pete Oak, Gabriel Ananda
- Soul Shivers – Skena
- Für die Liebe – Matthew Dekay, Lee Burridge