Felipe RochaGraphic Designer / Art Director
Felipe Rocha is a Brazilian graphic designer and art director based in New York City. His practice crosses different disciplines, from design systems at a global scale to website design and magazine covers. He believes good design can be done in every field, whether it’s culture, arts, technology, commerce or politics. He’s particularly interested in opportunities where he can use design as a tool to talk about things he cares about, such as diversity, immigration, gender and lgbt rights.
What role does music play in your day-to-day life as a creative?
When I was a teenager my dream was working at MTV, maybe that’s why I became a graphic designer. I would love to be a Rockstar but I don’t play any instruments so Design is the tool I found to express myself.
Tell us about your playlist:
I moved to the US in 2015, my life changed so much since then, so I decided to make a (super personal!) playlist with songs that somehow represent this moment of my life.
- You Don’t Know Me – Caetano Veloso
- Self Control – Frank Ocean
- Winner Take Nothing – Dirty Projectors
- On Hold – The xx
- Territory – The Blaze
- From The Basement To The Roof – Club cheval
- Visa – M.I.A.
- F**kin’ Problems – A$AP Rocky, Drake, 2 Chainz, Kendrick Lamar
- HUMBLE. – Kendrick Lamar
- Ponta de Lança (Verso Livre) – Rincon Sapiência
- I Know There’s Gonna Be (Good Times) – Jamie xx, Young Thug, Popcaan
- Everything Nice – Popcaan
- LITE SPOTS – KAYTRANADA
- Toda Menina Baiana – Gilberto Gil
- Love Invaders – Redinho Remix – Fatima Yamaha
- Reminder – Moderat
- Freedom! ’90 – Remastered – George Michael
- change yr mind – LCD Soundsystem
- Augustine – Blood Orange
- So Good At Being in Trouble – Unknown Mortal Orchestra
- Chanel – Frank Ocean
- Divino Maravilhoso – Gal Costa